Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Poll You Might Not Have Seen

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

I think Scholastic was the magazine that did "Goofus and Gallant" when I was a kid, but I'm not positive.

What I DO know is that they've been polling K-12 students on who they think will win the Presidential election since 1940. In all those years, the only ones they got wrong was 1948 ("Dewey beats Truman") and 1960, when they voted prior to the Kennedy-Nixon debate. This year, 250,000 students participated.


So what did they say this year? (Info reported in
USA Today, October 14, page 7D)

Obama - 57%

McCain - 39%

The write-ins - Hillary Clinton, Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, Stephen Colbert, and "My dad"
.

Some state findings: Obama won Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, while McCain took Colorado, Indiana and Missouri.