Friday, August 18, 2006

Democrats moving up decision time-table?

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

For those who didn't see it in the updated post below, from the Times today:

A decision from the Democrats could come next month, officials said.
Totally unconfirmed, of course, but I wonder if the Democrats want to keep their options also, and not lose St. Paul to the GOP. And therefore an early decision could be an indication of bad news for Denver.

But unless I see some confirming news, I would discount this. The GOP is just starting their site visits now, and I would think it unlikely they would come to a quick decision. Also, any decision before the mid-terms could lower enthusiasm in the losing areas, which all have critical races going on. I'm going to assume the decision will still come in November.