Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dean marks 1 year to go milestone

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

DNC Chairman Howard Dean was in Denver today to rally the party one year before the 2008 Democratic Convention:

Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean led a lunchtime rally today at the site of the 2008 Democratic National Convention by touting recent Democratic victories in the Intermountain West and then quickly engaging the presidential primaries. Saying that "any Democrat is better than any Republican running," Dean outlined what he called clear differences between the parties.

Dean spoke before a crowd of several hundred people just outside the Pepsi Center, which will be the convention site next Aug. 25-28. Joined by Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper and Gov. Bill Ritter, Dean hammered at the war in Iraq, criticizing the Republican presidential field for wanting to stay the course, whereas Democratic candidates have sought a withdrawal.

Dean also criticized Republicans for a "culture of corruption," alluding to ethical scandals that plagued national GOP lawmakers in the months before the 2006 elections.

...

During the rally, Dean and Hickenlooper stressed the desire of convention organizers to hold the "greenest" national political convention ever seen and challenged Coloradans and Westerners to join the volunteer effort.

Just over 1 year to go...

1 comments:

Tommy Korioth said...

This week I took the time to compile my own list of Republican's culture of corruption. (I went ahead and included the pedophiles.) I thought I'd finish in a couple of hours; it took me three days. Last time I counted I had over 200 names.

I thought you might enjoy a gander.

http://fluffer-union.blogspot.com/