WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
We will, on occasion, report on the Republican site selection, just to see how the competition is doing! Hotline On Call just posted a bunch of information. Here are some key points:
- 31 cities in the running, including Anaheim (not on the Democratic list). Other cities can still request information
- Finalists by mid-summer, decision by Feb 1 '07
- Party insiders say Tampa, Miami, Nashville, New York, and Anaheim have an inside edge.
- Watch for the RNC to announce its '08 convention dates in the next few weeks
- Main Convention Area -- facility capable of seating at least 20,500 persons, including the convention floor with seating for approximately 5,500 delegates and alternates.