WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
With the passing of Rep. Tom Lantos 3 days ago, the number of superdelegates to the 2008 Democratic Convention decreased one to 795, and this has been confirmed by the DNC. So let's go see how some of the national, political and Denver media are doing with this clear fact:
- NY Times, Thursday, 9 PM: "the 796 elected Democrats and party leaders"
- Time Magazine, Thursday: "some of the 796 party insiders"
- Rocky Mountain News, Thursday (and they should know better): "There are 796 superdelegates scattered"
- MSNBC, Thursday, 9 AM, in the headline: "Meet the superdelegates: Democratic convention may make all 796 of them famous"
- The Hill, Wednesday, 4 PM: "Of the 796 such delegates"
- Hotline On Call, Wednesday, 12 PM: "intentions of the 796 superdelegates"
And by the time they finally figure it out, a Democrat will have won the open seat on March 11 in Indiana, and then we'll be back up to 796...
Update, 2/16: Top story in today's printed New York Times: "decided by a group of 796 party insiders". But in the on-line version: "decided by a group of 795 party insiders". Glad to see the web editors are paying attention.