WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
- Denver hit 104 degrees yesterday breaking a record. We're expected to top 100 again today.
- Tickets for Obama's Invesco Field Acceptance Speech will be announced this week.
- The Obama Campaign is working hard to help the DNCC and Host Committee raise money
Last month, the convention's Denver host committee reported an $11.6 million shortfall in its mid-June fundraising goal of $40.6 million.
Since then, Obama announced that he would give his nomination acceptance speech at Invesco Field at Mile High stadium, significantly increasing convention costs. Convention organizers put the Invesco cost at $5 million-$5.5 million, but say that not using Pepsi Center on the fourth night will save enough to bring the overall increase closer to $4 million. - TPM
- Obama will reportedly be staying at the Westin Tabor Center in Downtown Denver
Denver Police Department Cmdr. Deborah Dilley announced Obama's hotel along with other VIP lodging places during a monthly meeting Wednesday between the DPD and hoteliers, according to three sources who asked to remain anonymous.Other locales announced: former President Clinton and Sen. Hillary Clinton at The Brown Palace; former President Carter at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center; U.S. senators at the J.W. Marriott in Cherry Creek. - RMN
- Hillary Clinton will attend a gala hosted by Emily's List to mark the anniversary of women's right to vote. You can purchase tickets here.
Hillary Clinton will be a special guest at a gala celebrating the 88th anniversary of women's suffrage on the second day of the Democratic National Convention in Denver.
Emily's List, a political network that supports pro-choice Democratic women running for Congress, announced Friday that the former first lady will join Michelle Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi at the event at the Sheraton Denver Hotel, 1550 Court Place, Tuesday, Aug. 26, at 2 p.m.. - RMN
- Be sure to check out our DemConWatch Democratic National Convention Calendar. We're adding new dates every day.