Sunday, August 03, 2008

Convention News

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

Here's some of Kennedy's convention speech from 1980:



Some highlights:
Well, things worked out a little different from the way I thought, but let me tell you, I still love New York.
...
I congratulate President Carter on his victory here.

I am -- I am confident that the Democratic Party will reunite on the basis of Democratic principles, and that together we will march towards a Democratic victory in 1980.

And someday, long after this convention, long after the signs come down and the crowds stop cheering, and the bands stop playing, may it be said of our campaign that we kept the faith.

May it be said of our Party in 1980 that we found our faith again.
...
For me, a few hours ago, this campaign came to an end.

For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die.
Those of us who were in the convention hall that night will never forget it.