WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
- Happy 47th Birthday, Barack.
- Check out the Convention buttons created by some Denver artists
- DNCC to announce plans today for Pepsi Center Open House just before the convention.
- The Platform Committee met in Cleveland.
- Obama campaign agrees to the standard 3 presidential and 1 vice-presidential debates.
- The protesters lawsuits have been boiled down to an argument about photo-ops
- McCain likely to announce his VP choice Labor Day weekend between the conventions.
- Will Sen. Hatch's song praising Sen. Kennedy make it to the convention?
- Or maybe this video will be the better tribute?
Well, things worked out a little different from the way I thought, but let me tell you, I still love New York.Those of us who were in the convention hall that night will never forget it.
I congratulate President Carter on his victory here.
I am -- I am confident that the Democratic Party will reunite on the basis of Democratic principles, and that together we will march towards a Democratic victory in 1980.
And someday, long after this convention, long after the signs come down and the crowds stop cheering, and the bands stop playing, may it be said of our campaign that we kept the faith.
May it be said of our Party in 1980 that we found our faith again.
For me, a few hours ago, this campaign came to an end.
For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die.