Monday, August 25, 2008

A Great Stage

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com


The convention gaveled to order a couple hours ago and we have heard a number of speeches and done a little business. The logistics of putting on something like this amaze me. I am sitting in our delegation on the floor sending this from a wired connection.

The stage setup is beautiful. I am particularly proud of the design because the guy who created it is from my home town of Odessa, Texas. Chances are, if you have ever been to a major national concert you have seen Bruce Rodgers' work.

I have no idea how much of it can be seen on TV, and these pictures won't do it justice, but there are about 9 to 12 screens behind and above the stage. A couple of the screens show the speaker, the others show some design that fits with what is going on in the speech or presentation.

It makes for a beautiful set and really enhances the experience of being in the room. Great job Bruce.

And then, I have to show my friend and former boss, Texas Senator Leticia Van de Putte as she becomes one of the co-chairs of the convention. It is great to see her work recognized on such a scale...