Friday, August 15, 2008

I-25 will close on August 28th

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

Just announced by CDOT

The Colorado Department of Transportation has announced a significant closure for August 28 when the Democratic National Convention will move to INVESCO Field.

A 5.5-mile portion of Interstate 25 through Denver will be closed from the interchange with I-70 to the interchange with 6th Avenue starting at 5:30 p.m. until the conclusion of the event.

"I-25 will be closed for just a short period of time but it's necessary to ensure a safe event for attendees," said CDOT Executive Director Russ George. "While we recognize that motorists traveling through the area will likely experience some delay, we are doing everything possible to keep those delays to a minimum."- 9News

I'd expect that the acceptance speech would be over by 8 9 at the very earliest. To me that's not really a "short period of time"