WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
Individuals who own businesses and property near the convention’s Pepsi Center location and other sites such as Civic Center Park, where many protesters plan to congregate, should check their insurance policies to see what they would cover – and what might come out of their own pockets. - Colorado Independent- If you're staying at the Howard Johnson's on Federal Blvd... you may want to give them a call.
Heavy smoke from a hotel fire in Denver early this morning resulted in 11 people being taken to local hospitals, including five children - Denver Post- Is the Convention vulnerable to cyber-attacks?
The Democratic National Convention in Denver this month could be the site of a series of attacks — cyber attacks, that is. According to security experts, the event is a perfect occasion for computer hackers to attempt a wide range of break-ins, from accessing delegates' credit card information to cutting off cell phone service in the convention sites, sending out fake news releases and planting porn in an unsuspecting politician's laptop. - Colorado Independent- Denver is allowed to keep fences and pre-set parade routes
The U.S. Secret Service and city of Denver may restrict protesters' access to the Democratic National Convention at the Pepsi Center, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
U.S. District Judge Marcia S. Krieger said that while a designated parade route and fenced-in protest zone may inhibit protesters' ability to express themselves, they do not violate First Amendment rights to free speech. - RMN
- If Tent State can't camp at City Park they have other plans
The Tent State University organizers say they believe they have resolved questions about what to do once the curfew strikes at 11 p.m. at City Park: Pack their belongings and tents and march every night to the Pepsi Center's protest zone. - RMN
- Detroit Mayor and Superdelegate Kwame Kilpatrick is going to spend the night in jail.
A judge on Thursday ordered Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to jail, shocking the city and plunging the leadership of the nation's 11th-largest city into uncertainty. - Detroit News- A new concert has been announced for the Republican convention: The Charlie Daniels Band at The Depot (which is in downtown Minneapolis). Is he older than McCain?
- MSNBC and MySpace announced their convention video winners.
- We all know the McCain campaign is a train wreck... but did you know it's a bus wreck too?
- As you may have noticed there are some new names posting for us. We have a growing list of people coming to Denver as bloggers, volunteers and delegates ready to share their experience with you. Thanks to all of you! And if you're coming to Denver and would be interested in posting let us know.
- You can vote for who you think should win the DNCC's Why Are You a Democrat video contest.
- And finally... a look at construction progress at the Pepsi Center