Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Georgia Senate Trendline

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

While I have my eye on all the Senate races, I haven't mentioned Georgia, because I honestly believed that was a GOP-gimme. And then someone said "Have you SEEN that trendline?" It's from Pollster.

If you look at the Georgia presidential race, even with Bob Barr apparently tanking, the GOP trendline is in that same downward direction.

The only question about trendlines is a question of time. The lines will likely eventually cross, the issue is when.

Up to now, there has been a question of who the Democratic candidate will be, and we now know it's Jim Martin. The most recent (albeit partisan) poll has Martin down 6 to Chambliss. I'll have more information in this Sunday's "Sunday with the Senators" - it is just such a nice graph for hump day that I just couldn't wait to share.