WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
Thank you for your interest in the Pepsi Center Community Open House. Unfortunately we have reached capacity for the tours. If you would like to be added to a waitlist please complete the form. We will contact you if space(s) open. Please check back on this website for additional Convention opportunities. - DNCC
- The Denver City Council voted unanimously to ban carrying urine and/or feces
The ordinance makes it illegal to carry certain items, such as chains, padlocks, carabiners and other locking devices. It also prohibits the possession of noxious substances. Two of the most frequently used examples of a noxious substance are a bucket of urine and a "feces bomb." - RMN
- Invesco Tickets may be announced on Wednesday
- Hillary Clinton will campaign for Obama in Nevada and Florida before the convention
The Obama campaign today announced that Senator Hillary Clinton will campaign for Senator Obama in Nevada and Florida later this month. Senator Clinton will host Campaign for Change rallies and voter registration events in Las Vegas, Nevada on Friday, August 8th and in South Florida on Thursday, August 21st.
- Big Oil Bob Schaffer's son is just like his old man
The son of Colorado GOP Senate candidate Bob Schaffer is causing his dad a little embarrassment on the campaign trail this week.
Nineteen-year-old Justin Schaffer publicly apologized for putting up posters on his Facebook page including one declaring "Slavery Gets Shit Done." - TPM
- The DNC has started a website called The Next Cheney which shows just how tight the leading VP candidates are with the Bush administration.
- The Host Committee has partnered with Goodwill to assemble the media and delegate welcome bags
Goodwill Industries' workforce division will be assisting in the assembly of the prominent media and delegate bags to be distributed by the Denver 2008 Convention Host Committee. Goodwill will have workers with physical and mental disabilities assisting in the assembly and packaging of the 20,000 bags needed for the Democratic National Convention at Goodwill's headquarters in North Denver.Let's see if anybody complains about this.
- Alaska's Republican Governor Sarah Palin praises Obama
“I am pleased to see Senator Obama acknowledge the huge potential Alaska’s natural gas reserves represent in terms of clean energy and sound jobs,” Palin says in the release. “The steps taken by the Alaska State Legislature this past week demonstrate that we are ready, willing and able to supply the energy our nation needs.”
- Some guy from Focus on the Family asks everybody to pray for rain on August 28th for Obama's Acceptance Speech. Now there's a real Christian for you. Jealous much? Even if it does rain you'll see 80,000 people cheering for the next President with more excitement than McCain could ever imagine in St Paul.
- And finally... John McCain wants his wife to be Miss Buffalo Chip
Buffalo Chip has a reputation for that sort of thing. It holds a Miss Buffalo Chip contest every night, which is essentially a topless beauty pageant. And occasionally bottomless, too. During a drenching rain Wednesday night, the contest broke up into smaller groups and one woman wound up dancing naked on a bar top. Her boyfriend/husband saw her and angrily dragged her away as she struggled to put her pants back on and muttered something about how, "It's only this one week a year." - ESPN