Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Other Alaska Race

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

A few hours ago, Oreo posted the newest Alaska Senate polls. And yes, we're concerned with this step on the road to 60.

However, there is ANOTHER Alaska race, the House race. Don Young vs. Ethan Berkowitz. Usually, I colour the Republican red, and the Democrat blue for ease of identification. But today, I'm going to let Don speak for himself on the subject of Ted Stevens. These are actual direct quotes. I have not made them up.

I'm deeply disappointed. It surprises me. I don't think he had a jury of his peers.
And on Tuesday's election:
I think he can win. He's the best thing for that, for the Senate. Alaskans know this. This is a trumped up charge. If you look at not reporting, supposedly gifts -- he reported everything he got. I think it was wrong when they prosecuted him on this issue.
And most amazing of all:
I can remember Richard Nixon, you know, his years of service, what he's done, and everybody were ridiculing him and he ended up being the greatest president in the history of our century.
Ethan Berkowitz's web site is here.