Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Cognitive Dissonance

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

For some reason, I've recently been having discussions with people involving "intelligence" "intellectualism" "morons" and "idiots" - I'll leave it there, but I wanted y'all to know I have a personal frame for this post. Yesterday, Rasmussen released the following:

If they could vote to keep or replace the entire Congress, 59% of voters would like to throw them all out and start over again.
Here's the thing - in four weeks, 100% of ALL voters will have the opportunity to vote out EVERY SINGLE SITTING MEMBER OF CONGRESS. And I'm willing to bet everything I own that 59% of all voters will NOT vote against each and every member of Congress.

I know that people often exclude their local member of Congress from the rest of Congress: instead they want to throw out the other 434 reps, and the other 98 Senators. I've heard and read that.
I don't want to know what YOU are going to do, because if you read DCW, you are a high-information voter. But I am curious....



So, based on your answer, do you think we will see a mass voting-out of incumbents? Only incumbents of one party or the other? Will people do what they usually do and vote to keep their local member in Congress? Is this enough of a transformational year that people will actually become high-information voters and vote for the best candidate whether incumbent or challenger?

Perspiring minds want to know...Comments are open.