Thursday, October 23, 2008

Reverse Bradley Effect?

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

Ben Smith received an interesting e-mail. It's from an Obama canvasser in Southern Ohio and deserves repeating.

In the first house I visited, a huge Confederate flag that completely filled my field of view was tacked to the living room wall. Couldn't take my eyes off it as I launched into my standard Obama talk. The guy stopped me mid-sentence, "We're with Obama. He's the only one for the working man. Most of us around here are GM and GM is with Obama."

His neighbor was a postal worker. I almost missed the ceramic black lawn jockey on his porch, a relic of bygone days in many other parts of the state, but what was unmistakable was the household's political allegiance: a "Postal Workers Back Obama" yard sign was planted on the front lawn.