Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Barack Obama's speech in La Crosse, WI

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

We cannot mortgage our children’s future on a mountain of debt. It’s time to put an end to the run-away spending and the record deficits – it’s not how you would run your family budget, and it must not be how Washington handles your tax dollars. It’s time to return to the fiscal responsibility and pay as you go budgeting that we had in the 1990s. Many in Congress have been fighting for these commonsense principles, and I will be a President who supports them and makes sure they succeed. That’s why I’m not going to stand here and simply tell you what I’m going to spend – I’m going to start by telling you how we’re going to save when I am President.
You can read the full text of the speech here.