Monday, November 10, 2008

Who Will Inhabit Barack Obama's Senate Seat?

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

Matt reported yesterday that Valerie Jarrett was President-elect Obama's choice to replace him in the Senate.

The decision, however, is not his, and another hat has been thrown into the ring.
Jesse Jackson, Jr sent out the following e-mail today:

Dear Friend,

I want to share with you today's editorial in the SouthtownStar strongly recommending me to fill President-elect Barack Obama's soon-to-be vacant U.S. Senate seat. I'm honored to receive the newspaper's endorsement, which stated this: "No one is better suited to fill the seat than U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr."

I hope that you will take a moment to read the attached
editorial and share your thoughts with me.

- Jesse
Update from Matt: It's a good thing Jackson's being coy about whether he wants the job...