WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
If you do and you'll be in DC for the Inauguration you can attend the USCIC Inauguration Gala.
Join the International Conservation Caucus Foundation at the largest and most important gathering of conservationists at the U.S. Congressional International Conservation 2009 Inauguration Gala. The 2009 Inauguration Gala will take place on Monday, January 19, 2009 in Washington, D.C., the night before the U.S. Presidential Inauguration. The Gala will highlight conservation achievements by the international corporate, NGO, and government communities to promote U.S. leadership in the sound management of the world's natural resources, and award leaders from these communities for their international conservation efforts.This event and many more can be found on our DemConWatch Inauguration Calendar
The 500 guests at the Gala will include foreign heads of state, members of the U.S. Cabinet, Members of Congress, world business leaders, American celebrities, and leaders from the international NGO community.
Past ICCF Gala award recipients and presenters have included:
* U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair
* Harrison Ford
* Chad Holliday (Chairman and CEO of DuPont)
* The National Geographic Society (Accepted by Chairman of the Board, Gilbert Grosvenor)
* Hank & Wendy Paulson (Co-Chairs of the 2007 Gala)
* The Honorable Rob Portman
* Kris Tompkins (Former CEO of Patagonia) & Doug Tompkins (Founder of The North Face & Esprit)
* Yvon Chouinard (Founder of Patagonia)