Sunday, November 09, 2008

Just When You Thought There Was Downtime...

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

While the GOP is fighting for its own soul in terms of which direction the party should go, center or right, certain individual Republicans are already headed to Iowa to start stumping for the 2012 GOP primary season. (Yes, I know that Iowa is a caucus state.)

Mike Huckabee will make two sites in Iowa later this month to hawk his new book, and then on to multiple stops in South Carolina.

Bobby Jindal will be headlining a statewide dinner for Iowa evangelicals.

In addition, the Republican Governor's Meeting starts this Wednesday, in Miami.

People to watch: Charlie Crist, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty, John Thune, and of course, Spunky.

I have my eye on these folks, and will keep you updated. And yes, I have files on these folks, and will be sharing them as time goes on. If you have anything you'd like me to add to my files, just drop a note.

And for those of you who question why we start this now:

Knowledge is power.
Facts beat innuendo.
Pro-action beats re-action.

Better safe than sorry.