WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
DCW Senate Forecast: 55.8 (up from 55.6), highlighted by SSP and Cook moving NM and OR in the Democrats direction. The DCW Senate Forecast is an average of the projections of the Democratic held seats in the 2009 Senate. (We count Sanders and Lieberman as Democrats in the Senate Forecast. Feel free to subtract one if you so desire!) A history of the Forecast going back to November 2006 is at bottom and in the left sidebar.
For analysis of the races, be sure to check out the latest installment of Sunday with the Senators.
Be sure to also check out our Presidential Forecast and our House Forecast.
The following seats are unanimous strong and are not shown in the table below (We do show VA as it is a pickup):
Solid Democrat: AR (Pryor), DE (Biden), IA (Harkin). IL (Durbin), MA (Kerry), MI (Levin), MT (Baucus), RI (Reed), SD (Johnson), WV (Rockefeller)
Solid Republican: AL (Sessions), ID (Open), KS (Roberts), MS (Cochrane), NE (Open), OK (Inhofe), SC (Graham), TN (Alexander), TX (Cornyn), WY (Barraso), WY (Enzi)
The sources are sorted by each sources Senate Projection:
|DCW Senate Forecast|
|Dem '10/'12 Seats||39||39||39||39||39||39||39||39|
Here are the seats that span 3 categories:
- CO - Two projections have it as strong D, 3 as Tossup. Udall is up by 9 or more points in all polls since June.
- KY (McConnell): EV.Com has it as a Tossup
- LA (Landrieu) (NEW): 1 at Dem-Strong, 2 at Tossup
- MS (Wicker): Rothenberg has it as a "Clear Advantage" for Wicker, but Rasmussen's poll out on 6/24 shows Wicker with a 1 point lead.
- NH (Sununu): Shaheen has opened up a 14 point lead in 2 straight polls, but Sununu has a big money advantage.
NM (Open): Cook, who hasn't updated since May 23, has it as a Tossup. Udall has led by 15 points or more in all polls since Mid-May.Cook moved it to DL.