Thursday, July 17, 2008

Denver is a serious place to hold a convention

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

Now that we're done with the Libertarian Convention, Denver is ready to move back to some hard-hitting serious convention action.

Yes... it's the 66th Annual World Science Fiction Convention which will be held at Denver's Colorado Convention Center. If you haven't been to the Colorado Convention Center, the most interesting thing about it is the 3-story tall bear standing outside of the building.

No... I wasn't making it up! Back to the seriousness.

One of my favorite books ever is Robert Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land". If you haven't read it I highly suggest that you pick it up. This is where "Denvention" gets cool.

Ghost of Honor
Robert A. Heinlein
Robert A. Heinlein

I told you this was serious... they managed to get Heinlein (who died in 1988) to come and speak at the convention as a ghostly apparition.

OK... so I kid with the Sci-Fi fans but only because I'm one of them (even though I've never heard of any of their convention's guest speakers). If I haven't sold you on paying the $225 to attend this extravaganza... maybe this man can:

Fan Guest of Honor
Tom Whitmore
Tom Whitmore