WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
One of the concerns about holding the convention in Denver was that the Pepsi Center was a non-union facility. But the DNC seems to made a significant effort to use union labor at the convention. Here's a list of some of the unions involved:
- IATSE Local 7: The Denver Theatrical Stage Employees Union will handle decorating, display and rigging work, and other tasks it typically performs under contract with the Colorado Convention Center.
- Teamsters Local 17: A Teamsters affiliate will transport some of the heavier freight (requiring forklifts, for instance) to and from the loading docks.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers: Members will be handling some of the wiring and other work.
- Construction Building and Construction Trades Council: Carpenters under this umbrella group will provide labor for contractors and subcontractors involved with transforming the Pepsi Center.
- UniteHere: This union already had a presence, with about 200 members who work at the Aramark concessions throughout the complex. - Rocky Mountain News