Wednesday, September 24, 2008

David Letterman, Fighting Cardinal

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

I was already a huge David Letterman fan, so I don't know what's going to happen after watching tonight's episode (spoiler alert). From Drudge, via Politico:

David Letterman tells audience that McCain called him today to tell him he had to rush back to DC to deal with the economy.

Then in the middle of the taping Dave got word that McCain was, in fact just down the street being interviewed by Katie Couric. Dave even cut over to the live video of the interview, and said, "Hey Senator, can I give you a ride home?"

Earlier in the show, Dave kept saying, "You don't suspend your campaign. This doesn't smell right. This isn't the way a tested hero behaves." And he joked: "I think someone's putting something in his Metamucil."

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second-string quarterback, Sarah Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"
If a greater truth has ever been told, I mean, tell me now. I've been saying it all along: Dave's still got it.