WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
Barack Obama just spoke from Clearwater, Florida on the situation.
- "The clock is ticking but we have to get it right"
- "This cannot fall victim to the usual partisan politics"
- Wanted to make a joint statement to let the Bush Administration know what the people want.
- This is an American problem that requires and American solution.
- Asked about the debate Obama said McCain agreed to a joint statement.
McCain mentioned suspending campaign but didn't say he was going to do it. Right after the call McCain made his announcement.
- Paraphrasing Obama... Now is the exact time that people need to hear from the person that could be responsible for dealing with this mess. It's the President's job to deal with more than one thing at once.
- In my mind it's more important than ever to talk to the American people.
- "If I can be helpful I can be anywhere at anytime"
- "If you need us I'm prepared to be there"
- Reiterates that a President has to deal with more than one thing at a time.