Thursday, September 25, 2008

Guns and Butter

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

There is an old joke, you know the one -

"How do you tell that xyz is lying?"
"His lips are moving."

Today, "xyz" could be John McCancel, or maybe Ben Bernacke, or Hank Paulson, or George Bush. It's hard to tell. They say that our economy is in danger of collapse, and maybe it is, but the thing that gives me pause is that their big concern is the credit markets. One economist I know explained that part of the problem is that if the government doesn't ensure confidence in the markets, the Chinese and the Koreans won't lend us more money. I don't pretend to understand that, but I know I'm suspicious.

What I DO know is that it's about a 2.5 hour flight from Washington D.C. to Oxford, MS, and that when you add in time for a debate, including time for John McShame to get made up, and everyone to shake hands, stop by the bathroom, and get that next cup of coffee, we're talking less than 12 hours.

I also know that if the fate of the economics of the free world depend on John McShame not being able to take 12 hours to honour a committment, and face not the Senate behind closed doors, but the American people, we are in worse trouble than anyone can imagine.

Is he saying, after not showing up for the last year that ONLY HE can solve a problem he doesn't understand?

Enough about me, what's Johnny gonna do?



And how is it going to play in Peoria? Here are some opinions, what is yours?