WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
Sen. Clinton is campaigning on behalf of the Obama Biden ticket this weekend in Ohio. Hillary will be making appearances in Akron and Elyria. Click here for more details.
Many of us in Texas hope that Hillary can make it back to Texas to work on areas that went heavily for her in the primary including the Rio Grande Valley/South Texas and El Paso areas. It is doubtful since we are not a battleground.
I will be tracking Hillary's campaign efforts on my blog at http://www.jstrater.blogspot.com/
A contact of mine sent the following bullet points on Sen. Clinton's efforts for the Obama Biden ticket. I thought you might be interested:
Hillary and her supporters are actively campaigning and raising money for Senator Obama.
- In events and through conference calls, Hillary and her fundraisers have raised millions for Senator Obama. As of August 23, 2008, Hillary had raised over $4 million for the Obama Campaign. She hosted a reception in Denver for 250 of her donors and asked them to help do whatever they can to raise funds for Senator Obama. Senator Clinton is traveling to Chicago on Sunday evening for a fundraising event and on September 22nd she is set to hold a fundraiser in New York City with a goal of raising $500,000 and more events are being scheduled.
- Hillary's top women groups - including Emily's List have endorsed Obama. Hillary has urged all of the unions that endorsed her in the primary to enthusiastically back Senator Obama. On behalf of Senator Obama, Hillary has attended events with several unions including American Federation of Teachers (AFT), American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC), the Sheet Metal Workers International Association (SMWIA), the United Farm Workers (UFW) and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM).
- Since June, Hillary has held rallies and press conferences with local reporters around the country urging her supporters to back Senator Obama including events in the battleground states - New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, New Mexico and two trips to Florida. She will be going to Ohio on behalf of Senator Obama on Sunday, September 14th and more trips are being planned. During all of her campaign events the message is clear: there is only one choice for the American people who want real solutions and positive change in this election: Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Senator Clinton has drawn a clear contrast between Senator McCain and Senator Obama on issues important to women and families including pay equity, the economy and middle class tax cuts.
- Both Senator Clinton and President Clinton gave forceful, sweeping endorsement speeches of Senator Obama at the Denver Convention. Also in Denver, Hillary made the motion by acclamation from the convention floor officially making Senator Obama the nominee of the Democratic Party. At every event Hillary attended in Denver she reiterated her support for Senator Obama and his message of change including at the Hispanic Caucus meeting, Emily's List luncheon, Count Me In event, Families USA/SEIU healthcare event, New York delegation breakfast and at her meeting with over 3,000 delegates and supporters where she formally released her delegates.
- Numerous staff members from Hillary's presidential campaign are now working to elect Senator Obama including policy experts, speechwriters, spokespeople, researchers and schedulers. Hillary's current staff is encouraging their volunteer network to actively engage in campaign activities on behalf of the Obama-Biden ticket, as well as key Democratic races.