WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
Welcome to Democratic Convention Watch
Donate to DCW
- House Forecast - 9/30 - Almost at double digits
- Personal Confusion
- Today is the FEC's Q3 Contribution Deadline
- Polling Update - September 30th
- Barack Obama's speech in Reno, NV
- Don't let this happen
- Obama campaign releases new ad on fixing the econo...
- Headline of the Morning
- Presidential Forecast - 9/29 - 5 weeks to go
- NewsWatch 9.29.08
- McCain saves us from "black guy rip offs!"
- The Bailout just Failed
- Barack Obama's speech in Westminster, Colorado
- Polling Update - September 29th
- Something Completely Different about Money
- The Agreement
- Polling Update - September 28th
- And we have a deal. Probably
- Sunday with the Senators – Economic Bailout Editio...
- The Veep Debate – Part 1
- Paul Newman at the '76 convention
- Polling Update - September 27th
- Senate Forecast - September 27
- Them and Us
- Well, it's over...
- First Presidential Debate Open Thread
- Uncle Teddy
- NewsWatch 9.26.08
- Polling Update - September 26th
- How much will McCain's pandering hurt him tonight?...
- Per MSNBC
- Zennie Abraham on CNN - Saturday Night (9-27) 8 PM...
- Headline of the Morning
- Another Collision
- Presidential Forecast - 9/25 - Pre-Debate Edition
- Six Degrees of Separation
- Quote of the Week
- NewsWatch 9.25.08
- Debate Update
- Polling Update - September 25th
- House - Florida 13th
- Rasmussen: Obama +2 in North Carolina
- Guns and Butter, Part 2
- Guns and Butter
- What was McCain doing today while Obama waited?
- David Letterman, Fighting Cardinal
- NewsWatch 9.24.08
- Colorado Democratic Party issues statement on vote...
- Obama delivers statement on McCain's pandering
- Pander much? McCain suspends campaign to focus on ...
- Could it be 2000 again?
- Obama's speech from Dunedin, Florida
- Polling Update - September 24th
- Rasmussen has moved
- Minnesota and Colorado - In state convention bounc...
- ABC News Poll
- House Forecast - 9/23 - Looking for double digits
- Lies and Damn Lies
- NewsWatch 9.23.08
- Obama campaign responds to first McCain press conf...
- Polling Update - September 23rd
- Today's Ad
- Morning Polls
- The Friday Debate
- Greetings to Idaho
- Presidential Forecast - 9/22 - Welcome to Fall
- Will the debates matter?
- The week ahead - an update
- Endorsement Watch
- NewsWatch 9.22.08
- Polling Update - September 22nd
- Obama's Speech from Green Bay
- Econ 101: Politics and Popularity
- A bad week for John McCain
- The week ahead
- North Carolina on my mind
- Presidential Forecast - 9/20 - Cross-currents
- NewsWatch 9.20.08
- Polling Update - September 20th
- NewsWatch 9.19.08
- Hillary Sent Me Program. Clinton to hold call with...
- Polling Update - September 19th
- Obama comments on Fed/Treasury plan
- Learn the Constitution
- The Other Palin Question
- Idaho back in the news....
- Denver Convention Host Committee merchandise still...
- NewsWatch 9.18.08
- McCain Trips on Spain
- Alaska Update
- Polling Update - September 18th
- Biden and Clinton webcast on women's issues
- Permission Slip
- Morning update
- ▼ September (217)
- ► 2007 (135)
- ► 2006 (258)
Democratic Convention 2008
- Pepsi Center Tour
- Site Selection Overview
- The 2008 Democratic National Convention
- Certified Delegates
- The 2008 Democratic National Convention Blog
- Denver 2008 Convention Host Committee
- Official Denver Volunteer Form
- The Green Papers
- Wiki:2008 Democratic National Convention
- Democracy in Action 2008 Convention Overview
- Democratic National Committee (DNC)
- CBS4Denver Denver 2008 News
- PoliticsWest - Denver Post Convention News
Democratic National Convention History
Friends of DCW
2008 Republican National Convention
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Doc Jess wrote about her adventure in Texas and the lack of signs of the presidential campaign. Click here for her blog entry.
I have been getting reports from my local Democratic friends that the Obama- Biden campaign has been mobilizing Texas volunteers to make calls into New Mexico and Nevada from local phone banks. Volunteers have also been asked to consider making a trip to New Mexico to canvass. Although we would love to have an active presidential campaign in our community, it makes complete sense to send volunteers to a state that can make a difference in the electoral college count.
Today, a Dallas Morning News headline reported "Obama sends Texas volunteers to battleground states". The article discusses that volunteers are being deployed to other states and less emphasis will be placed on GOTV in Texas. Click here for the full article.
The Obama campaign has done more in Dallas than any other presidential campaign that I can remember. As the article notes, the campaign has performed trainings throughout the state called "Camp Obama". Also, each of the state representative districts has been organized with activist coordinators and I hear from mine almost twice a day.
Now for the lack of yard signs that Doc Jess mentioned....it might be that they are not free. As a non battle ground state, we have to pay for them. And this might be the case in other places too. However, yard signs during the contested primary were free and and you could find them everywhere. I have no problem paying for a yard sign and I have done it before for a presidential campaign. Click here for the article in the Dallas Morning News "Obama, McCain charging for yard signs"
Contributor Jeff Strater of Texas was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention. Check out his blogs at http://jstrater.blogspot.com/ and http://www.hotpoliticalmess.com
Posted by J. Strater at 3:14 PM
Deep in the heart of Texas!