WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
This is going to be interesting... Rudy Giuliani speaks on a night that's supposed to be about reform? I'm sure he'll find a way to mention 9/11 at least 50 times. Indecision 2008 has a drinking game to help you get through the night.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2008
The 2008 Republican National Convention today announced the full program of events for Wednesday, Sept. 3. The evening’s program will feature remarks by Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican Party’s nominee for vice president. Among the other speakers participating in this evening’s program are former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. The speakers’ remarks will reflect the convention’s overall theme, "Country First," and the theme for Wednesday’s events, which is "reform."
Participants are organized by hour of participation: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Call to Order, Introduction of Colors: U.S. Sen. Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
* Presentation of Colors: Law Enforcement Memorial Association (Minn.)
* Pledge of Allegiance: Sharon Clahchischilliage and Mary Leavitt
* Singing of "America the Beautiful": John Shillington and Ruby Brown
* Invocation: Father Edward Reese
* Speaker: U.S. Sen. Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
* Video: "Country First: Prosperity," with narration by Robert Duvall
* Speaker: Anne Beiler
* Speaker: U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman (Minn.)
* Speaker: Renee Amoore
* Speaker: State Sen. Abel Maldonado (Calif.)
* Speaker: Carolyn Dunn
7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* Speaker: Dr. Elena Rios
* Speaker: Ruth Novodor
* Speaker: Christy Swanson
* Speaker: Texas Railroad Commission Chairman Michael Williams
* Speaker: Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico Luis Fortuno
* Speaker: Meg Whitman, former President and CEO of EBay
* Video: Sen. McCain’s Economic Reform Package
* Speaker: Carly Fiorina, former Chairman and CEO of Hewlett-Packard
* Prayer: Bishop Thomas Wenski
8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Speaker: GOPAC Chairman Michael Steele
* Speaker: Former Gov. Mitt Romney (Mass.)
* Speaker: Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (Ark.)
* Musical Performance: John Rich, Gretchen Wilson, and Cowboy Troy
9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Speaker: Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (N.Y.)
* Speaker: Gov. Linda Lingle (Hawaii)
* Video: Sarah Palin
* Speaker: Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin
10 p.m. to Conclusion
* Procedural Activities Required for Nomination of the Presidential Candidate: U.S. House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio)
* Roll Call: Sec. Jean Inman, Assist. Sec. Connie Nicholas, and Assist. Sec. Rosie Tripp
* Benediction: Rev. Eva Rodriguez
* Adjournment: U.S. House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio)