WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
A quick roundup of Democratic Convention news:
- Qwest Communications says they'll get everything wired up for the convention even if their union workers strike 9 days before the convention starts.
- Black focused cable networks BET and TV One will be in Denver to cover Obama's nomination.
- $10,000 and an invitation will get you access to a four-day conference at the posh Ritz-Carlton Hotel that will run concurrent with the convention. Designed to mix policy and politics, it will also offer a little star power, with Kevin Spacey and Laura Dern, who starred in the HBO film “Recount” about the Florida 2000 vote, scheduled to appear.
- Denver Mayor Hickenlooper thinks the Pepsi Center demonstration area has hit the "sweet spot" that angers most everyone involved with it.
- A Denver TV reporter reports that the demonstration area fails the sound part of within "sight and sound" of the convention center.
- Denver will be giving the homeless a chance to watch the convention on flat-screen televisions. Convention protesters say "we’d just like to be treated well, too".