Wednesday, July 09, 2008

MN Senate - Will Ventura Run?

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

I moved to Minnesota the day Jesse Ventura was elected as Governor. He shocked the world... and then did a horrible job. It got uglier and uglier as his term went on.

One candidate he did beat in that race was Norm "Teeth" Coleman. Can he do it again?

Former Gov. Jesse Ventura today quickly dismissed news reports that he's going to run for the U.S. Senate, saying that he won't decide until next week.

A story broadcast this morning on National Public Radio (NPR) quotes Ventura as saying last weekend that he was going to run because he's angered by Republican Sen. Norm Coleman's support for the Iraq War.

"That's the reason I run, not to sell books. I run because it angers me," Ventura says.

But Ventura told the Associated Press today that he was only speaking hypothetically and that no one knows whether he will run, not even his wife.

"I gave [NPR] the reasons why I would run," Ventura said. "But I said ultimately, it will come down to whether I want to change my lifestyle and go to that lifestyle or not."

He reiterated that he won't make his decision until Tuesday, the deadline for filing for office. - Strib
I personally don't think he can win but he will pull votes away from both Franken and Coleman. I'm just not sure who he'd pull more from.