WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
So tonight's theme is PEACE. Yes... the Republicans are basing their final night on a concept they do everything they can to stay away from. The only way I can wrap my mind around this is to refer to the Republican Field Manual... you may have read it before. War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, Ignorance Is Strength.
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The 2008 Republican National Convention today announced the full program of events for Thursday, Sept. 4. The evening’s program will feature John McCain’s speech accepting the Republican Party’s nomination for the presidency. Among the other speakers participating in this evening’s program are Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minn.), former Gov. Tom Ridge (Penn.), U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) and Mrs. Cindy McCain. The speakers’ remarks will reflect the convention’s overall theme, "Country First,"and the theme for Thursday’s events, which is "peace." Participants are organized by hour of participation:
5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
* Entertainment (Music): Al Williams
* Entertainment (Monologue): James McEachin
* Call to Order, Introduction of Colors: Republican National Committee Chairman Robert M. "Mike" Duncan
* Presentation of Colors: Fort Snelling Joint Services Color Guards
* Pledge of Allegiance: Olympians Ryan Berube, Mitch Gaylord, Brittany Hayes, Barbra Higgins, Larsen Jensen, Elle Logan, Marcus McElhenney and John Naber (Dems had 1 so they got 8)
* Singing of the National Anthem: Trace Adkins
* Invocation: His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios
6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Speaker: U.S. Rep. Tom Cole (Okla.)
* Speaker: Erik Paulsen
* Speaker: Jay Love
* Speaker: Charlie Summers
* Speaker: Aaron Schock
* Speaker: David Cappiello
* Speaker: U.S. Sen. John Ensign (Nev.)
* Video: "Country First: Peace," with narration by Robert Duvall
* Statement of Rule Regarding Vice Presidential Nomination; Recognition of Delegates Making Motions; and Adoption and Announcement of Nominee: U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
* Speaker: Maria Cino, President and CEO of the 2008 Republican National Convention
* Speaker: U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.)
* Speaker: The Honorable Rosario Marin
7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* Speaker: Joe Watkins
* Speaker: U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.)
* Speaker: Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minn.)
* Speaker with Video: Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (Tenn.)
* Speaker: Lt. Gen. Carol Mutter, USMC (Ret.)
* Speaker: U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback (Kan.)
* Speaker: U.S. Rep. Mary Fallin (Okla.)
* Video: "World Stood Still"
8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Speaker: U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
* Video: "Vice Presidential Nominee Governor Sarah Palin"
* Speaker: Former Gov. Tom Ridge (Penn.)
* Video: "America’s Place in the World"
* Speaker: Mrs. Cindy McCain
9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Video: "Senator John McCain"
* Speaker: Presidential Nominee John McCain
10 p.m. to Conclusion
* Floor Demonstration, Balloon Drop, McCain and Palin Families on Stage
* Introduction of Presiding Officer: U.S. House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio)
* Benediction: Pastor Dan Yeary
* Introduction of Delegate for Motion, Adoption and Adjournment: U.S. House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio)