WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com
From the RNC schedule:
9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Speaker: Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (N.Y.)
- Speaker: Gov. Linda Lingle (Hawaii)
- Video: Sarah Palin
- Speaker: Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin
- Procedural Activities Required for Nomination of the Presidential Candidate: U.S. House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio)
- Roll Call: Sec. Jean Inman, Assist. Sec. Connie Nicholas, and Assist. Sec. Rosie Tripp
Update: She said "I accept your nomination". Hard to do when you're not yet nominated.
Update 2: Her actual words, listening to it again:
I will be honored to accept your nomination for Vice President of the United State"Interesting use of the future tense here. Here is how the remarks as "prepared for delivery" went:
I am honored to be considered for the nomination for vice president of the United States.Looks like a last-minute rewrite to me.
Update 3: Roll Call for McCain is done, and they're done for the night. I assume she'll officially be nominated tomorrow. And no, she does not have to appear again to accept. There are no rules that state how nominees can "accept" the nomination.
Update 4: She was officially nominated on Thursday by acclimation.